Monday, June 14, 2010

Skeletons

Ever have one of those days where you spend all day dealing with what I like to call "skeletons?" While we each have our definitions of "skeletons" for me, today, it was household chores that have to be caught up on that you'd much rather avoid or postpone. But yet I noticed that each time I worked on one I felt immediately better. In fact, it led to more energy to be able to work on the next one.

For example, I admit that a huge skeleton for me is simply going to the local grocery store to buy necessary but mundane things like milk, butter, vegetables, and tea lights. These are things that we routinely run out of and that although they don't necessarily comprise a dinner, must be gotten anyway. This afternoon, after procrastinating all morning, I finally went to the store, got the items, came home and put each item where it belonged, including the tea lights in the candle holders. I immediately felt a true satisfaction, a kind of nesting contentment that all was well with the world.

Maybe because today is Monday, the Moon's day, the act of dealing with these skeletons today also reminded me of the power of the Moon at birth to influence our attitudes towards food, towards taking care of ourselves and finally the resulting emotional contentment that comes from doing so in a way that is skillful and appropriate to our body type.

So why is such a seemingly innocuous task as going to the grocery store so challenging for me and so utterly simple for others? Tomorrow, more about full-moon people and dark-moon people . . .

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link, Virginia. Now I have your blog bookmarked on my iPad. And now I'm ready to hear about full-moon people and dark-moon people.

    ReplyDelete