Thursday, June 3, 2010

Welcome!

Om Gan Ganapataye Namah!

Welcome! The word Jyotisha or Vedic astrology as it is known in the West means "Lords of Light."

Jyotisha is a way of seeing, an inner light, as well as a life time study requiring the grace of a qualified guru or teacher. My teacher is Hart deFouw. I am indebted to him and his esteemed guru Mantriji. Whatever Jyotisha I have learned so far is a result of his profound and elegant teaching. (See My Teachers and Lineage)

The wonderful thing about this tradition is that everything and everyone around us can be an opportunity for learning, and for being surprised and delighted by how the astrological symbolism actually works, as Jyotisha's field is none other than the entire world we live in!

This is what prompted me to start these musings based on everyday life -- first to try to pay more conscious attention to events in my life and secondly, to solidify my understanding of Jyotisha's vast array of categorical observations of our world within the traditional shastras or texts.

Tomorrow, the tale of our pigeons.

No comments:

Post a Comment